READY FOR BOOKING!The Sands has always set out to offer an impeccable, peaceful and relaxing environment where guests can switch off from the outside world and connect with their mind, body and soul. During this unprecedented time, the practice of welcoming and relaxation is, as always, at the heart of our place.Our place is following the latest available guidelines from WTO, government officials and local health authorities as a top priority, ensuring we uphold the highest standards of cleanliness within our resort without compromising on our warm hospitality. The Sands still welcomes guests as though to the home of a close friend.The resorts’ wide areas and exclusive independent villa’s layout will grant you all the space you need.
The desire to visit Zanzibar is still deep and sincere. We will inspire your next travel to this fantastic island with our unique “Club Members” privileges and “Dream Cards” which will give you all the benefits you are looking for when planning your next visit to our resort.
Our mission for health and safety is “to be the safest and WHO standards-compliant resort in Zanzibar.”
Amos Wambugu – General Manager
The Key Steps The Sands is Taking to meet our Mission
For our Guests
- Perfect restaurant layout to ensure at least 2m between tables or more.
- Hand sanitizer available to all guests on arrival, as well as in restrooms and on demand.
- Restaurant tables, chairs and operating equipment sanitised after each guest has vacated and before new guests take their place.
- Single use per customer cutlery, crockery and glassware. Removed from the premises for sanitisation before re-use
- Guests are served by waitrons with appropriate PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- New position has been created for a full time public space and facilities sanitiser.
- All public spaces, pool area, SPA and facilities sanitised after use and between sittings.
For our Staff
- Professionally trained in post-pandemic etiquette.
- Temperature screened before each shift.
- 7 point health questionnaire completed pre-shift.
- Appropriate PPE for area of operations.
- Very regular hand sanitisation procedures and management.